Great news - We're Moving Back to Madison Jan. 6!
Dec. 13, 2013
Dear Madison Families,
Last week we received the good news that all Madison students will be back home at our Madison Elementary building on Legion Way after Winter Break, starting on Monday, Jan. 6. As I mentioned in my last letter to our families, all classrooms, the library, the music stage area and the Welcome Room will be open on Jan. 6. Some areas, including the play shed, will be under construction for a bit longer.
This week we have additional updates for you on Y-Care and Transportation.
We have learned that we will need to continue holding Y-Care at Roosevelt Elementary until the state Department of Early Learning provides the YMCA with a renewed child care license to operate at the Madison building. We hope that occurs within a few weeks. Until that time we will transport students attending the Y-Care program from Roosevelt Elementary to Madison in the morning and back to Roosevelt in the afternoon after school.
- Morning bus pick up at Roosevelt for Y-Care students will be at 8:44 a.m. on bus route #29. These students will ride a short bus route and arrive at Madison Elementary at 9:07 a.m.
- In the afternoon at Madison dismissal time Y-Care students will board bus route #81 and be taken to Roosevelt Elementary. Drop-off time at Roosevelt will be 4 p.m.
We will keep you posted as we learn more about when Y-Care will return to Madison.
Transportation/Second Bus Route
During the construction at Madison we implemented a second bus route. In order to avoid confusion, we are planning to continue with the second Madison bus route for the remainder of the year. Here are the details about those routes:
- Students currently riding bus route #29 to school in the morning will continue to ride this route to school. Morning pick up times will remain the same. Bus route #29 (not #81) will be taking these students home in the afternoon.
- Students riding bus route #13 will continue to ride this route. Morning pick up times will remain the same.
- IMPORTANT: Starting Jan. 6, afternoon drop off times will be approximately fifteen minutes earlier for all stops on both routes than they are currently.
Parents of preschool or special needs students will receive a phone call from the transportation center prior to January 3, 2014 alerting parents of any pick-up or drop-off time changes. When we move back to Madison, typically-developing preschool peers will need to be transported to and from school by parents/guardians. Preschool parents with questions may contact Cissy McCormick at (360) 596-7542.
If you have additional general transportation-related questions, please feel free to call our district transportation office at 360-596-7700.
As always, please watch our school website, http://madison.osd.wednet.edu/, for updates on issues related to our move back to the Madison building and other school news. If you have additional questions, I hope you will not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you again for your ongoing support and flexibility as we work to provide a smooth transition for our students and staff. I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season ahead.
Madison Elementary School