WHAT STUDENTS SHOULD BRING TO OUTDOOR SCHOOL
The following is a minimum list of items that should be brought to the Outdoor School by all students.
Parents need to mark or tag items with the student's name and school.
- Sleeping Bag, or 2 Blankets
- 2 Changes of Outer Clothes & Warm Jacket
- 2 (x3) Changes of Underclothes
- Shoes: waterproof, hiking boots if comfortable, tennis shoes (if you have no hiking boots, bring one pair of grubby tennis shoes that can get wet and muddy)
- Pocket Tissues
- Socks - at least 3 pairs (x2)
- Pajamas or Sleepwear
- Rain Gear (complete as possible)
- Toilet Articles (toothpaste, toothbrush, 2+ towels, 2+ washclothes, soap, hairbrush or comb). Please put all items in a container or plastic bag.
- 2 pencils and Camp Notebook
- Backpack (for hikes)
- Water bottle for hikes
- Chapstick & Insect Repellent
- Reading Material
- Stationary or postal cards with stamps (no stamps available at Cispus)
DO NOT BRING
Knives, Radios, Money. Snacks, Electronic Games, Cell Phones, Fishing Gear or Expensive Items
Sending Mail to Your Child
Randle, WA 98377
(click link to download PDF)
400 seating capacity; built-in sound system
Seven Dorms and 6 Trailers
Each dorm sleeps 52 people (364 beds total)
Eighteen Meeting Rooms
These breakout rooms can be used for small group studies; seating capacity ranges from 10-150 people (depending on room configuration).
Capacities: Auditorium—300, meeting hall—250, portable stage—8 ft. (W) x 30 ft. (L)
Three Campfire Areas
One outdoor campfire bowl, two covered pavilions with fire pits.
Two Large Grass Fields
One football size, other 1/2 size
Wood floor, four baskets, volleyball standards
Cispus has equipment and facilities for outdoor volleyball (two courts), basketball (one hoop).
The five-bed medical station is utilized by groups visiting Cispus. Each group provides their own medical supplies and medical care.